We recently have come to the realisation that happiness and true inner peace comes from one simple formula: controlling the controllable in your life and accepting everything that you can’t control. Sounds pretty easy right?
But how often do we do our head in with ‘what if’s’ or ‘should have’s’.
We thought we would write a little blog about the little things in life that can have a huge impact on your overall happiness 🙂
- Make yourself a priority – Take care of your body and mind. This starts with little choices such as finding time to exercise because when was the last time you really regretted working out? Like never right? Only eat when you are hungry and try to get your veggie fix. If you struggle to find time to eat our 5’s a day check out our busy gals guide to chicken soup here. We also always try to get at least 7 hours of sleep each night, otherwise, we know we won’t be our best self the next day! Try to also take 1 hour out of your day to do something for you. Read a book, cuddle your fur baby or real baby, go on an afternoon walk – just be selfishly you in that 1 hour.
- Lose the fear of missing out – You don’t have to attend every party or event to still be relevant. There is simply no need, we have realised that we cannot be attending fabulous events and still function properly with the constant demand for our shop and blog plus full-time work. It can be mentally draining and what are our priorities? To be successful business women – not to look good at every party.
- Find your spiritual side – That gut feeling you have – trust in that. These are also some items that will help stimulate your spiritual senses: Crystals, Oil diffusers, Incense, Meditation, Mindful thinking, catching up with friends over a wine or tea… the list goes on.
- It feels good to do good – Simple as that! We love giving back and try to make it our priority. For example, when we work with brands we love, we will inquire about running a giveaway with their products so we can give you guys the chance to enjoy some of the items we get gifted so you can enjoy them too. When we meet new babes that inspire us, we love to feature them on our Girlboss section and share their epicness with YOU. We truly believe when you lift others higher through love and support, it will make that person feel like a superstar and it will, in turn, come back to you. It fills our hearts with so much passion to give back that we know it’s the right thing to do!
- Look good easily – We are all for an uncomplicated life, so when it comes to getting dressed we love to just chuck on some items that make us feel and look good. Knit dresses are our kinda vibe this season. We already own two each and always on the hunt for a few more! They are so easily chucked on and super comfy which is a serious fashion win/win! Check out our Shop for the Stanford knit – it might be just what you’ve been looking for!
- Don’t break yourself trying to fix others – Other peoples unhappiness especially those people that are close to you will have a negative effect on you. You need to come to the realisation that you can’t fix someone who cannot help themselves. It is not your burden to carry. It is not your fault if someone is sad, angry, or irrational. This is an issue that person may hold within themselves and whilst you can be there for loved ones, their happiness is not your responsibility. Don’t feel selfish when someones else’s negative aura is too much to handle and you feel like you need to distance yourself from it. Support as best you can but ask yourself “Am I harming my light by trying to brighten someone else’s?” If the answer is yes, remove yourself.
- Be GRATEFUL – Are you breathing? Are you fed? Did you buy a new dress that makes you feel like $1,000,000? Did your daughter/son/partner just do something small that made your day? Whatever it is recognising what is going RIGHT for you will make you instantly feel good. We can guarantee you will find a lot of things to be grateful for which will instantly put you in a fab mood. Life is too short to focus on negatives.
Let us know what your tips are on self-care so we can share with everyone and spread the L – O – V – E!
Love Nami and Pascale xx
Ps. If you want a pick me up, the promo code for the entire Platypus website at the bottom (Treat yoself)
Pascale is wearing Nice Martin wool dress and Dr. Marten boots from Platypus.
Use promo code is: SERENDIPITY10 here www.platypusshoes.co.nz for 10% off.